Tokina AT-X 12-28mm f4 PRO DX
The new Tokina AT-X 12-28mm F4 lens has a super-wide to standard zoom range while maintaining a constant fast f/4.0 aperture. This makes ita very versatile lens for different photo applications such as scenery, street scenes photography and event coverage. The lens is designed for DSLR cameras with APS-C (DX) sized sensors.
- New Optical Design: A new optical design using aspherical elements and super-low dispersion glass matches even the highest mega-pixel DX sensors cameras available today. One aspherical lens element is positioned in the front group. This together with another precision molded glass aspherical lens element placed in the rear group ideally focuses marginal light rays andmaintains sharpness at the edgeswhile also correcting distortion. The use of two different SD(Super-low Dispersion)glass elements,typeFK01 and FK03,corrects chromatic aberration. The combination of all these specialized elements in the optical design yield excellent sharpness and color.
- New auto focus mechanism: The new AF “GMR magnetic precision” control sensor is capable of fast auto-focus. Tokina placed the new sensor closer to the drive unit in the lens for faster communication between the controller and AF motor. This combined with the motor’s high-precision focus control yields faster, more accurate auto-focus.
- Additionally, a brand new “SD-M” (Silent Drive-Module) has greatly lowered the sounds emitted by the autofocus drive system allowing for much quieter AF. Both Canon and Nikon mounts have a built-in AF motor to make them auto-focus compatible with all current camera bodies.
- Compact body design: The Tokina AT-X 12-28mm F4 compact design makes the lens easy to carry and handle. Manual focus is achieved through Tokina’s one-touch focus clutch AF/MF mechanism. Simply slide the manual focus ring forward for auto-focus or back for manual focus operation. The lens focus ring is damped in the manual mode for smooth and precise focusing.
In addition the lens has a 77mm filter size allowing filters such as the Hoya HD low-profile circular polarizer or UV to be used.
- Focal Length 12-28mm
- Maximum Aperture F4
- Minimum Aperture F22
- Construction E/G 14 Elements / 12 Groups
- Coatings Multi-layer
- Angle of View 99.37 to 54.73°
- Minimum Focus Distance 0.25 m
- Macro Ratio 1:4.94
- Zooming System Rotary Type
- Aperture Blades 9
- Filter Size 77mm
- Maximum Outer Diameter 84mm
- Lens Length 90.2mm
- Weight 530g
- Lens Hood BH-77A