Sigma 24-105mm f4 DG OS HSM ART
Expressive performance for high-resolution digital cameras.
- Image sensors of digital SLR cameras continue to offer higher and higher resolution. The new SIGMA 24-105mm F4 DG OS HSM zoom lens offers exceptionally stable high resolution from wide-angle to medium telephoto photography.
- While featuring a large-aperture 82mm filter size, this lens minimizes optical aberrations and avoids reduced peripheral brightness. Each lens is checked with Sigma’s proprietary A1 MTF (modulation transfer function) measuring system to ensure it offers exceptional quality for the high-megapixel era.
- Designed with a focus on sophisticated optical performance and tremendous expressive power, our new Art line of lenses delivers top-level image quality. With unsurpassed expressive performance, these lenses reach the high standards demanded by photographers with an artistic, creative inclination. Along with landscapes, portraits, still-life, close-up and casual snaps.
- The SIGMA 24-105mm F4 DG OS HSM covers the most commonly used zoom range, from wide-angle to medium telephoto. It also takes usability to the next level, offering F4 brightness throughout the zoom range, OS (Optical Stabilizer) functionality, and HSM (hypersonic motor).
- Sigma’s zoom lens features optimally arranged high-performance single- and double-sided aspheric elements produced by precision glass molding and incorporating FLD (“F” Low Dispersion) glass and SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass. Minimizing axial chromatic aberration at telephoto distances, this lens offers exceptional image quality throughout the zoom range. In addition, it avoids the reduced peripheral brightness that is common with lenses in the same class. Thanks to its large-aperture 82mm filter size, this lens offers truly outstanding optical performance.
- Sigma lenses are born of well-thought-out design concepts and sophisticated, advanced Japanese manufacturing technology. Sigma uses a proprietary MTF (modulation transfer function) measuring system using 46-megapixel Foveon direct image sensors. Even previously undetectable high-frequency details are now within the scope of our quality control inspections, allowing us to deliver consistently high lens performance. Our MTF system has the capability to test lenses for full-size 20+ megapixel 35mm digital SLR cameras.
- All lenses in Sigma’s new Art line come with a hood with a high-quality rubberized connector and feature a newly designed lens cap and AF/MF switch, and are designed for intuitive use and superior functionality. Inside, HSM (hypersonic motor) delivers high AF speed and extremely quiet performance. An enhanced algorithm offers even smoother automatic focusing.
Full-time manual focus override is another key feature that leaves the artistic touches in the photographer’s hands. The brass mount combines high precision with rugged construction. Its treated surfaces and enhanced strength contribute to the exceptional durability of the lens. In both the external and internal parts, the optimized use of TSC (Thermally Stable Composite), an excellent match for metal parts, further contributes to the high-precision construction of the lens.
Lens Construction 19 elements in 14 groups
Minimum aperture F22
Filter size 82mm
Angle of view (35mm equivalent) 84.1°-23.3°
Minimum focusing distance 45cm
Dimensions (Diameter x Length) 88.6mm x 109.4mm
Number of diaphragm blades 9 (rounded diaphragm)
Maximum magnification ratio 1：4.6