Sigma 18-300mm f3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM Contemporary
Emphasizing image quality, this is Sigma’s new all-in-one 16.6x High ratio zoom lens, incorporating 4 FLD glass elements to prioritize the optical performance. The lens incorporates the very latest technology making it possible to accommodate both high optical performance and compactness for use in various photography situations
- This lens incorporates 4 FLD (“F” Low Dispersion) glass elements, which have performance equal to fluorite plus 1 SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass element. It enables this lens to minimize the chromatic aberration, especially toward the telephoto end, and provide clear image quality with high color fidelity.
- By reviewing the system construction and the algorithm of firmware, approximately 3.5 steps higher compensation has been achieved.
- The incorporates a bigger HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) which is newly developed for this lens. It is powerful enough to ensure high speed and quiet AF.
- Conventionally it is considered essential to leverage the qualities of metal and polycarbonate in camera and lens layout design. A first for the industry, the barrel of the new series of SIGMA lenses features a new TSC (Thermally Stable Composite)* that offers minimal thermal shrinkage combined with exceptional hardness. It also offers 25% greater elasticity than polycarbonate. Since its thermal shrinkage is low, TSC matches well with metal parts, further contributing to the high-precision construction of the lens.
- The brass mount combines high precision with rugged construction. Its treated surfaces and enhanced strength contribute to the exceptional durability of the lens.
- Compatible with SIGMA’s Optimization Pro software that allows the user to update the lens firmware and adjust focus position and other parameters. The user will be able to connect the lens to a computer with a special SIGMA USB DOCK and use easy-to-operate on-screen controls to create personal lens specifications.
Lens Construction 17 elements in 13 groups
Minimum aperture (W) F22
Filter size 72㎜
Angle of view (35mm equivalent) 76.5° – 5.4°
Minimum focusing distance 39cm/15.4in.
Dimensions (Diameter x Length) 79mm × 101.5mm
Number of diaphragm blades 7 (rounded diaphragm)
Maximum magnification ratio 1：3