Sigma 150-600mm f5.-6.3 DG OS HSM Sports
High performance and superb quality. The high-end, hyper-telephoto zoom lens that enables any photographer with high demands to get the exact shot you want.
- Dust- and splash-proof, zoom lock at every focus distance, water-repellent coating, compatibility with the new tele converters, new OS system with acceleration sensor, easily accessible manual over-ride switch, optimized auto focusing, telephoto shooting at 600mm, minimized chromatic aberration for higher optical performance and enhanced enjoyment with beautiful build quality.
- Its versatility provides better flexibility for wider shooting scenes, and the high-performance definitely stimulates photographers’ artistic expression.
- Uncompromising optical performance and photographic expression allow the photographer to shoot fast-moving and distant subjects, while exceptional functionality makes possible excellent shots even in the most challenging of situations.
- Fully customizable, it allows the photographer to create his or own specification. It is an ideal choice for photographing many different subjects; birds, wild animals, airplanes, motorsports, and even portraits. And SIGMA’s exclusive software makes the lens extremely easy to customize.
- This lens incorporates 2 FLD (“F” Low Dispersion) glass elements, which have performance equal to fluorite and 3 SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass elements, and compensates for color aberration at the utmost. Chromatic aberration in particular, which could be visible especially towards the telephoto end even when stopped down, is corrected by the optimized design of glass elements including FLD lenses.
- It is dust and splash-proof, and designed for higher durability. It is able to meet the demands that professional photographers would require in challenging shooting conditions, such as in the rain.
- The OS (Optical Stabilizer) function features an acceleration sensor to ensure even higher precision. Two OS modes are available: Mode 1 for general photography and Mode 2 for motor sports and other applications requiring panning. In Mode 2, the acceleration sensor teams up with the Intelligent OS and its updated stabilization algorithm to deliver effective stabilization while you move the camera horizontally, vertically, or diagonally—regardless of the position of the lens. This feature helps ensure effective panning and outstanding capture of moving subjects.
- Forefront and rear lenses incorporate a water and oil-repellent coating that allows water to be wiped away easily and prevents oil and fat from sticking to the surface, even in challenging shooting conditions. At the same time, the maintenance of the lens surface becomes easier.
- The barrel of the new series of SIGMA lenses features a new TSC (Thermally Stable Composite)* that offers minimal thermal shrinkage combined with exceptional hardness. It also offers 25% greater elasticity than polycarbonate. Since its thermal shrinkage is low, TSC matches well with metal parts, further contributing to the high-precision construction of the lens.
- The brass mount combines high precision with rugged construction. Its treated surfaces and enhanced strength contribute to the exceptional durability of the lens
- The tripod socket is newly designed since hyper-telephoto zoom lenses like this one which has 600mm tele end often need a monopod or tripod for shooting. While ensuring that the tripod socket is large and stable, it’s possible to click the position at every 90゜to make the change of shooting position from and to vertical and horizontal much easier. By attaching the supplied strap, the lens can be carried safely without putting unnecessary pressure on the mount of the camera.
- In addition to AF/MF, MO (Manual Override) is incorporated as one of the options of the focus mode switch. By setting it to the MO position, it switches to manual focus by rotating the focus ring even during continuous AF. With AF position, standard full-time manual focus is available. Using the optional SIGMA USB DOCK, it is possible to adjust the MO position’s sensitivity to switch to manual focus.
- The new zoom lock switch enables the zoom ring to be locked at any focal length. It can be fixed at the photographer’s desirable focal length, which allows stable shooting whether the lens is positioned upward or downward. It also helps during long exposure photography.
Lens Construction 24 elements in 16 groups
Minimum aperture (W) F22
Filter size 105㎜
Angle of view (35mm equivalent) 16.4° – 4.1°
Minimum focusing distance 260cm / 102.4in
Dimensions (Diameter x Length) 121mm x 290.2mm
Number of diaphragm blades 9 (rounded diaphragm)
Maximum magnification ratio 1：5