Celestron Nexstar SLT 130
The popularity of our NexStar 114 models inspired us to go bigger! We are proud to introduce NexStar 130 SLT. The NexStar 130 SLT has 30% more light-gathering power than our 114mm telescope.
- And the 130 SLT, like the other models in the SLT Series, comes with a fully computerized hand control. The computerized hand control gives you the ability to automatically slew to any of its 4,000+ objects, including over 600 galaxies, 300 clusters and dozens of beautiful binary stars. With its pre-assembled, adjustable steel tripod, the NexStar 130 SLT can be up and ready to use in a matter of minutes. Our new SkyAlign alignment technology and the included StarPointer Finderscope with a red LED, makes aligning a breeze.
- View the details of the lunar surface, the rings of Saturn, the polar ice caps on Mars, the cloud belts on Jupiter or a number of the Messier objects such as the globular cluster in Hercules (M13), or the Great Nebula in Orion (M42). Begin to explore some of the fainter Messier objects using the additional light-gathering capabilities of the 130 SLT’s 5″ primary mirror.
- Because of the Newtonian design, the mirror gives fully color-corrected views that are best suited for astronomical use.
- GENERAL FEATURES
Compatible with 2″ eyepieces
High quality 130 mm reflector
Fully computerized Altazimuth mount
StarPointer finderscope to help with alignment and accurately locating objects
Quick-release fork arm mount, optical tube and accessory tray for quick no tool set up
Sturdy stainless steel tripod and accessory tray included
“TheSkyX – First Light Edition” astronomy software with a 10,000 object database, printable sky maps and 75 enhanced images
- COMPUTERIZED MOUNT FEATURES
Proven NexStar computer control technology
Database allows telescope to locate over 4,000 celestial objects
SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process
Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
Internal battery compartment to prevent cord wrap during use
Auxiliary port for additional accessories such as GPS accessory
Includes NSOL telescope control software for basic control of your telescope via computer (with optional RS-232 cable)
Compatible with optional NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer.
- Optical Design Newtonian Reflector
Aperture (mm) 130 mm (5.12 in)
Focal Length 650 mm (26 in)
Focal Ratio 5
Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 (mm) 25 mm (0.98 in)
Magnification of Eyepiece 1 26 x
Focal Length of Eyepiece 2 (mm) 9 mm (0.35 in)
Magnification of Eyepiece 2 72 x
Mount Type Motorized Altazimuth
Accessory Tray No Tool, Quick release