Canon Speedlite 430EX III-RT
Take a new approach to lighting with a Speedlite flash that’s powerful, versatile and portable. Radio-frequency triggering makes off-camera flash easy to do, and opens up new ways to get creative with your photography.
- Powerful, yet compact enough to take anywhere: A guide number of 43 (m, ISO100) means there’s enough power for most occasions.
- The Speedlite 430EX III-RT weights just 295g and is only 113.8mm long, so there’ll always be room for it in your bag.
- Powered by readily-available AA batteries, the flash recycles following a full-power flash in just 3.2s.
Simple controls and an intuitive interface: The controls on the Speedlite 430EX III-RT echo those of many EOS cameras. Shortcut controls give access to key features, and a control wheel allows quick adjustments to be made. A lock switch prevents settings from being changed accidentally. An LCD screen shows settings and shooting information at a glance, and is illuminated for low-light conditions.
- Use remote flash to create the look you want: Speedlite 430EX III-RT flashes can also be placed away from the camera, to simulate light coming from different directions.
- Using Radio frequency triggering, Speedlite 430EX III-RT units can be controlled from up to 30m away, and do not require direct line of sight with the camera. This means they can be situated in more places, letting you create even more moods and effects. The Speedlite 430EX III-RT can also be remotely controlled with optical triggering, so it will fit in immediately with your existing flash set up. It can be fired from 10m away using the optional Speedlite Transmitter ST-E2 or the Integrated Speedlite Transmitter built in the some EOS cameras. Use multiple flashes together in groups, controlling the power of each group separately. Up to five groups can be created, with a maximum of 15 flashes in each group.
- Shoot flattering portraits using bounced light: A movable flash head allows light to be bounced from large surfaces, like walls or ceilings, creating soft, shadow-free lighting that’s perfect for portraiture.
- A built-in reflector panel can be deployed to create sparkling ‘catch lights’ in a subject’s eyes, bringing their expression to life.
- Fit the included Bounce Adapter to soften the light even more. A coloured filter is also supplied, which aims warm up the colour temperature of the flash’s output so that it more closely matches the colour of indoor ambient lighting.
- The Speedlite 430EX III-RT can zoom its flash output to match the angle of view of the lens being used.
- Integrates with other Speedlites as part of the EOS Family: Use the Speedlite 430EX III-RT with other flashes, such as the Speedlite 600EX-RT, as part of a multiple flash setup.
- Control the Speedlite 430EX III-RT off-camera with a flash trigger, such as the ST-E3-RT, or with an EOS camera’s built-in Integrated Speedlite Transmitter.
- Dual wireless flash triggering: The Speedlite 430EX III-RT can be fired while off-camera using radio-frequency or optical triggering, giving photographers huge versatility. When using radio-frequency triggering, flashes can be placed up to 30m away from the camera and do not have to be within direct line of site. This means they can be placed in many more locations, such as outside a room firing in through a window. Optical triggering allows EOS cameras featuring a built-in Integrated Speedlite Transmitter (e.g. EOS 760D, EOS 70D and EOS 7D Mark II) to fire the Speedlite 430EX III-RT from up to 10m away, without the need for extra equipment.