Canon Macro Ring Lite MR-14EX II
A high performance Macrolite flash delivering creative lighting solutions for photographers shooting close-up images, both on location and in the studio.
- Creative close-up flash photography: A ring-flash design allows uniform lighting of small subjects – ideal for wildlife photographers shooting flowers and insects, and those working in specialist scientific applications. E-TTL II metering makes accurate flash exposures simple.
- Creative shadow control: Dual flash tubes can be varied independently, over a six-stop ratio, permitting different lighting styles. Use both tubes evenly for a shadowless effect, or make one tube brighter than the other for relief lighting that emphasises textures. The Macro Ring Lite MR-14EX II’s flash head can be rotated around the lens, allowing the dominant light source to come from any angle.
- High performance: High power output, with a guide number of 14 (ISO 100, m), allows the use of small apertures for maximum depth of field when shooting up close. Colour-temperature information is transmitted back to the camera during shooting, helping to optimise auto white balance.
- Integrates with other flashes: The Macro Ring Lite MR-14EX II can be used as an optical wireless master in a multi-flash lighting set-up, triggering Speedlite flashes set to slave mode. This is useful when using a second flash to illuminate a background, for example.
- Innovative, instinctive design: Control the Macro Ring Lite MR-14EX II using controls on your EOS camera, or via an easy-to-read dot matrix display. A bright LED modelling lamp makes focusing and composition easier in low light, while custom settings allow functions to be personalised to suit your own way of working.
- Reliable performance you can count on: Fast, silent recycling ensures that you’ll be ready to shoot at just the right time. The Macro Ring Lite MR-14EX II is ready to fire again in just 5.5 sec following a full-power discharge. A self-cleaning hot-shoe with two-line electronic transmission ensures a proper connection with your camera.