Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 IS STM
A compact telephoto lens that takes you closer to the action. An Image Stabilizer prevents blur owing to unintentional camera movement. STM technology delivers smooth quiet focusing when shooting movies.
- Compact, powerful telephoto zoom: Taking you closer to the action, the EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM is the perfect companion for your EOS’s 18-55mm standard zoom lens, and ideal for wildlife, sports and travel photography. It combines powerful telephoto performance with great image quality and instinctive handling.
- Optical Image Stabilizer: To help maintain sharpness, the EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM incorporates Canon’s Image Stabilizer technology. This allows shutter speeds up to 3.5 stops slower than normal to be used while protecting against the effects of camera shake – great in low light or when shooting at long zoom settings. Panning detection automatically turns off stabilisation in either the horizontal or vertical direction, helping convey a sense of speed when photographing moving subjects.
- STM technology: The EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM features stepping motor (STM) technology for smooth, quiet continuous focusing when capturing video with your EOS and fast, accurate AF when shooting photos. STM focusing is so quiet that it’s not picked up by the camera’s microphone, leaving your video soundtracks free of unwanted distractions.
- Delivering superb image quality: The EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM uses a UD (Ultra-low Dispersion) glass element and Super Spectra lens coatings to deliver crisp, sharp, high-contrast images throughout the zoom range. A seven-bladed aperture diaphragm increases the quality of out-of-focus areas, so your subject stands out against a soft, blurred background.
- Designed for great photography: A manual focus ring allows precise focus adjustments to be made quickly and easily at any time, while a closest focusing distance of 0.85m enables photography of small subjects. A non-rotating front element makes using filters straightforward.