Canon EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS II
Compact and affordable, the EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II is an ideal general-purpose standard zoom. Its four-stop Image Stabilizer provides great performance in low-light conditions.
- Affordable, high-quality zoom: The EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II is a high-quality, standard zoom lens that will appeal to photographers who prefer to travel light. With a focal length equivalent of 29-88mm in 35mm format, the lens’ wide zoom range is suitable for most general photography. For close-up work, the working distance is just 0.25m (25cm) throughout the zoom range.
- Image Stabilizer: To minimise risk of image blur, the EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II incorporates Canon’s four-stop Image Stabilizer technology. This allows photographers to use shutter speeds up to four times slower than normal with no perceptible increase in image blur – ideal for shooting in low light.
- Aspherical lens element with Super Spectra coating: As well as ensuring true colour balance and sharp, high contrast images, Super Spectra coatings combat ghosting and flare by absorbing light reflecting off digital camera sensors or internal lens elements. An aspherical lens element delivers crisp, high contrast images – even with the aperture fully open.
- Circular aperture: For shots taken at wide apertures, a circular aperture diaphragm gives a smooth, even blur to your background, helping to emphasise foreground subjects and remove distractions.
- Lead-free glass: Only environmentally-friendly, lead-free glass is used in the construction of the EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II.
- Accessories: The EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II is supplied with a lens cap and dust cap. A lens hood (EW-60C) and lens soft case (LP814) are available as optional accessories.