Canon EF-S 18-200mm f3.5-5.6 IS
Compact proportions with a powerful zoom range of 11x – make an ideal general-purpose zoom for photographers on the go. Great low-light performance is assured by a 4-stop Image Stabilizer.
- Compact, fast and lightweight: The EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS is a compact, EF-S lens with high magnification of approximately 11x. It features an 18-200mm zoom ratio (the 35mm film equivalent of a 29-320mm lens) and has a maximum aperture of f/3.5-5.6. Designed to appeal to entry-level and advanced amateur users looking for a lens with an optical Image Stabilizer and large focal length range, it weighs just 595g and measures 78.6 x 102mm. The lens offers 0.45m minimum focusing distance at all zoom positions. The EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS is designed exclusively for use with EOS cameras featuring an EF-S lens mount.
- Aspheric and UD elements: High image quality has been assured with the addition of two high-precision aspheric lenses to correct aberration including curvature of field and distortion. Chromatic aberration common in wide-angle shooting is also combated by the inclusion of two UD lenses, ensuring optimum image quality and corner-to-corner detail.
- Super-Spectra coating: Canon’s patented lens element coating minimises the ghosting and flare caused by reflections off the image sensor and internal lens surfaces. Light transmission is improved and reflections are reduced to deliver clear, crisp images.
- 4-stop Image Stabilizer: A 4-stop optical Image Stabilizer – specially designed for the lens’ specific focal length range – works to counteract image blur, which can occur during handheld shooting, or at slow shutter speeds. Automatic panning detection ensures effective performance when tracking moving subjects and, as the IS system is based in the lens, results are visible through the viewfinder during framing.
- Durable build quality and Lead-free optics: Designed to be a hard-working lens the EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS benefits from a robust design, which can match the demands of today’s photographers. Environmentally friendly lead-free glass is used throughout its construction.