Canon EF-S 17-55mm f2.8 IS USM
With a constant f/2.8 aperture throughout the zoom range and a 3-stop Image Stabilizer, the EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM provides outstanding performance and framing flexibility in low light conditions.
- High performance wide angle zoom: With an effective focal length range of approximately 27-88mm (35 mm equivalent), the EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM is a powerful lens that delivers remarkable image quality. The wide angle zoom allows you to capture more of every scene and adds a new sense of space and perspective to your photography.
- Fixed aperture: The large f/2.8 aperture provides excellent results in low light conditions. The aperture remains constant through the full focal length range, allowing you to zoom from approximately 27-88mm (35 mm equivalent) without slowing shutter speed.
- Pleasing background blur: A circular aperture provides a pleasing background blur when shooting with a wide aperture; ideal for creating a sense of depth and isolating your subject from the background.
- Image Stabilizer: The EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM features Canon’s 3-stop Image Stabilizer (IS). Ideal for handheld work, IS allows the use of shutter speeds up to 3 stops slower then normal with no perceptible increase in image blur. The IS function helps with low light conditions, fast paced scenes and shooting from moving vehicles.
- Fast, quiet auto focus: A ring USM (Ultrasonic motor) uses ultrasonic frequency vibrations to drive responsive, near-silent high speed auto focus. Full time manual focus override is available without having to switch out of AF.
- Super Spectra coatings: Optimised Super Spectra lens coatings and lens element shaping suppress flare and ghosting – more prone to occur with digital cameras due to reflection off the image sensor. Coatings also help achieve true colour balance and increase contrast for vivid high definition images.
- Passes distance information to E-TTL II: The lens passes distance information back to the camera’s E-TTL II flash system to ensure optimal flash metering in any shooting situation.