Canon EF 70-200mm f4L IS USM
Compact, manoeuvrable and lightweight. The EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM is a telezoom featuring the very finest in L-series optical technology to deliver outstanding optical performance and operability.
- Four-stop Image Stabilizer: The EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM features a four-stop Image Stabilizer (IS), making this an ideal lens for handheld work. Shutter speeds up to four stops slower than would otherwise be possible can be used with no perceptible increase in image blur. When panning horizontally, the IS system can be set to correct only for unwanted vertical shake.
- L-series quality: The L-series is Canon’s flagship professional lens range, representing the best in precision-designed EF optics. L-series lenses combine superior performance with superlative handling, and are resistant to dust and moisture.
- Lightweight and compact design: With a physical length of just 172mm, and weighing only 760g, the EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM is ideal for assignments where there is a need to travel light while maintaining image quality.
- Fixed aperture: The maximum f/4 aperture is available at all focal-length settings, meaning exposure settings will not change as the lens is zoomed through its range.
- Fluorite and UD lens elements: The lens incorporates a single fluorite element and two UD (ultra-low dispersion glass) elements to suppress secondary chromatic aberrations. The result is crisp, high-contrast images, free of distortion and colour fringing.
- Ultrasonic focusing: A ring-type ultrasonic motor drives autofocus extremely quickly, and in near silence. Excellent holding torque ensures the point of focus is reached accurately, without overshooting. Furthermore, full-time manual override is available, making it possible to adjust focus without leaving AF mode.
- Super Spectra coating: Super Spectra coatings ensure accurate colour balance and enhance contrast. They also reduce flare and ghosting – a common problem caused by light bouncing off a camera’s sensor.
- Smooth background blur: A virtually circular aperture diaphragm gives out of focus regions a softer, more uniform feel. Sharp foreground objects stand out against a smooth blurred background.
- Accessories: A cylindrical bayonet hood and soft case are included.