Canon EF 28-300mm f3.5-5.6L IS USM
From wide to telephoto with just one lens. The flexibility of an 11x zoom range, combined with the quality of1 Canon’s L-series glass, make this lens the ultimate tool for photographers on the move.
- A true all-in-one lens: With a zoom range covering everything from wide-angle to super-telephoto, Canon’s latest professional series is designed for professional photographers looking to limit lens changes and reduce overall kit weight. Perfect for photojournalists and those shooting on the move.
- Three-stop Image Stabilizer: The IS technology built-in to the EF 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6L IS USM lens provides a three-stop advantage in low light conditions. This enables slower shutter speeds to be used without incurring blur from camera movement – useful when a situation does not permit the use of a tripod or flash. If the lens senses the photographer is panning to follow a moving subject, it switches off IS in this direction.
- Ultrasonic focusing: A ring-type ultrasonic motor drives autofocus extremely quickly, and in near silence. Excellent holding torque ensures the point of focus is reached accurately, without overshooting. Furthermore, full-time manual override is available, making it possible to adjust focus without leaving AF mode.
- Perfect for digital: Lens shape and coatings have been optimised to suppress ghosting and flaring, making the EF 28-300mm ideal for use with digital cameras. When fitted to DSLRs with an APS-C size sensor, the lens has an equivalent focal length range of 45-480mm.
- Precision optics for high image quality: Beautiful contrast, low distortion and high corner-to-corner resolution is evident throughout the zoom range. An EMD (electromagnetic diaphragm) gives fast, quiet, highly precise aperture control. A circular aperture diaphragm affords pleasing background blur.