Canon EF 100mm f2.8L Macro IS USM
The EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM, part of Canon’s prestigious L series, and first featuring an Image Stabilizer with angle and shift detection that is highly effective at close focusing distances.
- L-series quality: The L-series is Canon’s flagship professional lens range, representing the best in precision-designed EF optics. L-series lenses combine superior performance with superlative handling, and are resistant to dust and moisture.
- Hybrid Image Stabilizer: The new Image Stabilizer designed specifically for inclusion in a macro lens. It is able to correct lens shift movement as well as the angular movement that most IS systems can correct. This provides 2-stops of correction during 1.0x magnification, increasing to 3-stops at 0.5x magnification and 4-stops during normal shooting.
- Ultra low dispersion (UD) lens element ensures high image quality: A UD element within the lens design effectively removes chromatic aberration. This allows for excellent image quality with high resolution, high contrast and excellent colour reproduction.
- Focus limiter switch: To enhance the photographer’s use of the lens, it is fitted with a 3 position focus limiter switch. With limits for close up subjects, distant subjects and all subjects, the user is able to increase the autofocus speed making quick shots a possibility.
- Beautiful background blur with 9 blade circular aperture: A circular blade aperture helps to create attractive, even background bokeh when isolating subjects at wide apertures.
- Fast quiet autofocus: The ring USM (Ultrasonic Motor) drives extremely rapid autofocus with near-silent operation. Full time mechanical manual focus override is available without having to switch out of AF. The lens offers a minimum focusing distance of 0.3m.